Monday 14 November 2011

Sedona Three

Well the week has gone like greased lightening and it's really difficult to take the whole experience in.

Sedona is an amazing town surrounded by sparkling red, black and cream rocks.  The first few days were brilliantly sunny and absolutely freezing, then we had two pleasantly warm days followed by a day of rain.  What stunned me was walking out of our hotel to see nothing but mist but knowing that out there somewhere were huge rocks that had completely disappeared.  The romantic in me imagined that they had gone walkabout while they had the opportunity.

We visited all four vortices in the area:  Boynton Canyon, Bell Rock, Cathedral Rock and the hyper popular Airport Rock.

I found Boynton Canyon to be a very gentle experience, Bell Rock knocked me over backwards and I wasn't happy there (in fact I still shudder thinking about it), the one I really wanted to visit (Airport Rock) had a similar effect although I did stand where James Redfield (The Celestine Author) stood and saw the view described in his latest book, but I didn't calm down until we drove away.  The best for me was Cathedral Rock - which we visited twice.

We first visited on 11/11/11 and sat quietly and meditated at 11:11, then we went for a walk and picked a spot for my Reiki 3 Attunement.  So I was attuned sitting on a rock next to Oak Creek at Cathedral Rock on 11/11/11.  It was an awesome experience and just as Nicky was attuning me a round of cheering and applause broke out.  If you follow Mike Dooley of www.tut.com he would tell you that applause, cheering and "woohooing" should always accompany a really special event and is a necessary celebration to accept and acknowledge abundance - so I had my applause, cheering and woohooing!

We visited Cathedral Rock again today from the other side.  Staring with a hilarious drive along a road that turned into a trail with regular signs saying "do not enter if flooded".  When we got to the end of the trail we were miles from the rock.  So we drove back up the I179 to the Back O Beyond and turned there.  Although there was no signpost to the rock we guessed from our map that this road might actually lead to Cathedral Rock (not because we're women and can't read a map but because there were extra roundabouts on the map with non-existent roads leading from them).

The rock was at the end of that road and we climbed up to Courthouse Butte at the bottom of the rock, and then a little way up the rock.  We were considering going to the top (big lie) but we didn't have crampons and grappling hooks nor were we feeling particularly insane.  However, the next time we visit Sedona Tony is coming with us and he has two no-longer slim women to drag up to the places we couldn't get without a burly hairy-chested body builder on hand (guess who's getting a gym membership for Christmas!).

We stopped and did a quick meditation before skidding back down in a slightly frantic way, avoiding the mountain bikers wherever possible.  Actually, Nicky laid flat on her back on a freezing cold rock in the middle of a medicine wheel that someone had built, but I showed admirable common-sense and care for my clothing by remaining upright and in control at all times.

During this trip we've seen ravens (one of which struck up a considerable conversation with Nicky this morning), bluebirds, rabbits, chipmunks, buzzards, eagles (well one of us did and it wasn't me), and birds we don't recognise.  My first exciting sighting was of a sparrow.  I travel 8000 miles and the first bird I see I could have seen in my back garden (being chased by a cat!).

We've shopped Sedona until Nicky dropped (I have far more shopping experience), and we've met Native Americans and seen the amazing and beautiful products they make.  We've seen scenery so beautiful it will live in our hearts forever and defy description, and we've shared an experience that I couldn't put into words. When Nicky first visited Sedona she came back and failed to describe it, just shaking her head and saying "I can't tell you".  Nor can I, you have to come here yourself.

We've eaten moderately (huh!), had minimal ice cream (fairly true), very little chocolate (actually true), imbibed almost no alcohol (amazingly true but then I'm a very good influence), made a few connections over here who will try to help us set up a course in Sedona, and climbed a mountain of pancakes.

Nicky has driven on the wrong side of the road which is the right thing to do, without confusion providing I remembered to say 'turn left right' or 'turn right left' in the right order.  She's had almost no telephone calls this week which is very rare, and I've been inundated which is also rare but s*d's law as they say.

This is my first trip to the USA and I'm extremely impressed by the scale and grandeur of what I saw, however, the UK press often seem to find Britain wanting when compared to other countries and I'm happy to say that's unfair.  Our food isn't as plentiful as in America but it's good, it's varied and we eat vegetables! Our shopping is just as good, our people are just as nice, our roads don't match up but at least we drive on the right side (LOL).

All in all I'm proud of my own country and completely in love with America and the American people, and that's just perfect.

Wishing you happy days, peaceful nights, and the ability to come to America - particularly Sedona - as soon as possible (if you want to)

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment